Growing Abundance is looking for new people to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a not-for-profit community organisation involved in creating abundant, local food systems.
Also, it’s a fabulous way for newcomers to our shire to connect with local people and networks doing important, inspiring work in our region.
As a committee member, it is required that you attend our monthly meetings – which are (mostly) in person in Castlemaine and always involve a cuppa.
The ordinary (not chair, secretary or treasurer) committe member role will take approximately 2hrs per month of your time.
Ideally, committee members will bring skills to the project, such as in marketing, goverance, grant writing or IT.
However, these qualities are not essential, as we welcome people who bring passion and enthusiasm for our mission, are keen to be involved and are ready to actively participate in the Growing Abundance Project Committee.
For further information about being a committee member, please download the GA Committee Member Role Description.
Preferrably, we’re seeking someone with some previous experience in finances or bookkeeping/spreadsheets, or interest in developing these skills. Our Treasurer is supported by an experienced (external) book keeper. Work time is approximately four hours per month and is flexible.
Please download the GA Treasurer Role Description for further information.
How to apply
Please send expressions of interest, including why you are interested in the role and any relevant skills or experience you have to: email@example.com
*All roles are voluntary.
We look forward to hearing from you.
With Thanks, The Growing Abundance Team
Other ways to be involved
- Become a Harvest Volunteer and take home a share of the fruit
- Help us sort and distribute the backyard fruit during the harvest season (Feb-June)
- Share your excess fruit or produce with us – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Use our harvest fruit in your local school or community group – email email@example.com to enquire
- Get trained in First aid, harvesting and pruning and become one of our essential Harvest Team Leaders
- Come along and garden at the Hub Plot on Monday mornings from 9am. We always stop for a cuppa and foodswap at 11am. No green thumbs necessary!